Family: Married to Janet and have 3 Children, Katie, Karl and Vanessa.
Occupation: Own Company.
Swimming Club: Dublin Swimming Club
What got me into swimming: When I was growing up, I was very lucky that my parents taught me to swim in the Old Cove off Bray Head, and that was the start of the Bray Cove Swimming Club. I joined Wicklow Water Safety and did Summer Lifeguard in the Dublin and Bray area. In 2011 I got back into sea Swimming when I met a motley crew of early morning swimmers on the south beach in Greystones, who swim all year round. The group is growing all the time, sometime there can be as many as 20 of us in the water at any time. Coffee, Cake(staple diet of all sea swimmers) and a chat are all a must after our swim. This long-distance swimming bug started back in 2013 when I did my first 10k sea swim from Bray to Greystones, after that I joined Dublin Swim Club in 2014, , to get back into open Sea Swimming Races, which are run every weekend through the Summer and also to train with other sea swimmers.
What Swims have you done:
• Lough Gill Hospice Swim 10k – 1st Skin.
• 20 Bridges New York 45k swim.
• Golden Gate to Alcatraz to Bay Bridge – 10k
• Completed the English Channel – Solo – 16 hours 40 min.
• Greystones Harbour to Wicklow Harbour – 20k
• Sandycove Island to Speckle Door and Back – 10k
• Sandycove Champion of Champion Swims.
• Lough Dan 10k.
• Complete a 1k ice swim in Poland in 0 degree water temp
• Completed the English Channel 4 person relay – 10 hours 55min.